March 19

Salutations, Earth!

This is my first post! Here is a poem that I wrote today, based off of William Carlos Williams’ poem, This Is Just To Say. It was written in 1934, and is a confession Mr. Williams made to his wife about eating plums in the icebox that she was saving for breakfast.

This Is Just To Amend

I have not written

a poem

yet

for I cannot think

of anything to apologize for

unfortunately

oh dear!

please forgive me,

for I have finished a poem

power to me

Tags:
Copyright © 2057. All rights reserved.

Posted March 19, 2021 by japneet in category Uncategorized

About the Author

Welcome to my blog! Some of my favorite things include writing (duh), reading little-known books, and sunshine. If you have any suggestions or want me to read your blog, just leave a comment! I'd be happy to!

1 thoughts on “Salutations, Earth!

1. Mrs. Rombach

Japneet-

This poem made me chuckle out loud on this late Tuesday night. That was a clever way to knock out writer’s block. Power to you! I hope you’ll write often and freely on your blog. Write all summer long…about anything and everything. The 100 Word Challenge is running all summer, and it posts every Sunday evening. https://100wc.net/ The Student Blogging Challenge may return in the fall. Check the internet,too. The New York Times has year-round writing contests, and there are so many writing contests around the globe to enter!

Keep on writing!
    Mrs.Rombach

Reply